Written and Directed by
Format Used: DVD
Contains: Graphic Violence
A group of College Students and their professor go out on an outing to look at artifacts at a recently discovered tomb. But
the Archeologist they came to find is missing and the tomb belongs to Tartu, an evil Skinwalker who uses the power to transform
into animals in order to kill intruders which sadly is the Students.
A good premise, spoiled by poor production values, Poor acting, picture quality and the soundtrack sounds like it was recorded
on barbwire. But some of the make up effects were pretty good. I also would have liked to seen Tartu transform, all he did
was rock back and forth a little then they cut to the animal coming out of the coffin.
I GIVE IT (3 STARS)
I hated this a lot more then Zedd did, and even more then Womaneater. I think it was cheaply made, the effects were just
awful and cheesy. It looks like the whole movie had a budget of $ 100.00 and I think they got change back.
I GIVE IT (THE NOOSE)
ON THE POSITIVE SIDE (+ HITS):
+ PREMISE (A Good premise, spoiled by poor production values)
+ ANIMALS (A wide verity of animals, including some not found in a swamp)
+ SOME MAKE UP EFFECTS (Some of the Make0-Up Effects were pretty good)
ON THE NEGATIVE SIDE (- MISSES)
- SPECIAL EFFECTS (The effects were just awful)
- CHEAP LOOK (It looks really, really cheap. Even for a sixties movie)
- LIGHTING (The day shots were too bright and the night shots were too dark)
- SOUND (Sound like they were recording it with tin cans tied to string)
- NO TRANSFORMATION SCENES (I would have liked to have seen Tartu transform)
-ACTING (Some of the worst acting in a movie in a long time)